This article will assist you in adding your Wake Tech email to your Android mobile device.
Now, go to the Email app, and look for your newly created email account. Your email may take a few minutes to update and sync to your Android device.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Add account
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
NOTE: Your device may say Exchange or ActiveSync
- Enter your Wake Tech email address (@my.waketech.edu account) and password. Then tap Next.
The server will attempt to discover your account information and check your incoming server settings automatically.
- The Remote security administration box will appear, indicating that the server must be able to remotely control some security features on your device. Tap OK.
- In the Sync settings, you can select the time period to sync your email, calendar, and what items to sync (Contacts, Calendars, or Tasks). Make sure the option Notify me when email arrives is checked. Then tap Next.
- On the next screen, tap Activate
- Enter an account name for the mailbox. Then tap Next.
IMPORTANT: If entering your email address and password doesn't auto-discover the server settings automatically, please view the article How To: Manually Set Up My Wake Tech Email on My Phone to assist you in setting up the account manually.
For further assistance on how to set up your iPhone, you can refer to the Microsoft article Set up email on an Android phone or tablet, located here: https://support.office.microsoft.com/en-gb/article/Set-up-email-on-an-Android-phone-or-tablet-886db551-8dfa-4fd5-b835-f8e532091872#BKMK_O365SetUp